SAFC Biosciences supplies critical raw materials, providing companies using cell culture-based manufacturing with a wide range of customized products and services as and when they need them. Its depth of expertise, technical support and responsiveness means customers benefit from reliable resources.
SAFC Biosciences develops, manufactures and markets cell culture reagents, specialty chemicals, downstream processing buffers and biodisposables to organizations involved in developing and producing biopharmaceuticals. Ensuring regulatory compliance of its products through strict application to cGMP and ISO quality systems, SAFC Biosciences provides resources to extend customers capabilities.
Products and Services
- EX-CELL Serum-Free Media specifically developed for the long-term growth of cells and expression of antibodies or protein products in suspension, adherent or stationary cultures.
- Classical Media formulations for mammalian, insect, and plant cell culture are available in up to 12,500 liter lots of liquid media and up to 6,000kg lots of dry powder media.
- Sera including fetal bovine, calf bovine, equine and porcine serum, sourced in Australia, New Zealand and the USA, and filtered in USA and Australia in lot sizes up to 2,000 liters.
- Growth Factors including LONGTMR3IGF-I.
- Specialty Products such as buffers, trypsin, protein components, reagents and supplements.
- imMEDIAte ADVANTAGE Small Volume Media Program with quick turnaround and proven scale-up capabilities for customized cell culture media in both liquid (up to 200 liters) and dry powder (up to 100 L or 5 kg) formats, packaged in either bottles or bags.
- BIOEAZE Single-Use Disposable Bags and Bioprocessing Systems providing standard and application specific systems including sterile bioprocess bags, rigging sets, tubing, tank liners and other components.
- QUICK SCALE cGMP liquid media rapidly scaled up with consistent and reliable performance focused on industrial process development customers.
- Bulk Media Packaging specifically designed to meet customer-defined volumes, packaging and testing requirements providing maximum flexibility, and ease of use.
- SER-TAIN Gamma Irradiation validated inactivation treatment providing an additional measure of safety to animal-derived material.
- Development Services to accelerate the pre-clinical stages of your product development.
As a global organization, SAFC Biosciences has manufacturing and distribution facilities located in Kansas, Missouri and Pennsylvania in the USA; in Hampshire, England, Irvine, Scotland, and in Victoria, Australia. Numerous distributors are also established throughout Asia Pacific. The headquarters of SAFC Biosciences' parent company, Sigma-Aldrich, is located in St. Louis, MO, USA and is traded on NASDAQ. Sigma is a life sciences and high technology company marketing biochemical and organic chemical products and kits used in scientific and genomic research, biotechnology, pharmaceutical development, the diagnosis of disease, and as key components in pharmaceutical and other high technology manufacturing. It has customers in life sciences companies, university and government institutions, hospitals, and in industry. Sigma-Aldrich operates in 35 countries and has over 6,800 employees providing services worldwide.
13804 W. 107th Street
Lenexa, KS 66215