GE Healthcare, a General Electric company, provides transformational medical technologies that are shaping a new age of patient care. GE Healthcare Bio-Sciences, a business of GE Healthcare, provides a broad range of products and services for protein separation, medical diagnostics, and drug discovery.
For bioprocess protein separation, a wide range of products and services for chromatography and membrane separations, from laboratory to production scales, are offered. Our products are used in the manufacture of the majority of all FDA-approved biopharmaceuticals on the market.
Biopharmaceutical Techniques Supported
- Filtration, including systems and devices for cross-flow filtration from cell harvest to final ultrafiltration/diafiltration steps.
- ÄKTAdesign, a platform of chromatography systems that covers all major purification techniques from laboratory to process development and manufacturing.
- Bioprocess media designed for use with all common chromatographic techniques such as ion exchange, affinity, hydrophobic interaction, reversed phase, and gel filtration.
- Cell separation for isolating and purifying cells, viruses, and sub-cellular particles.
- Fast Trak BioPharma Services, assisting in planning, implementing, and documenting downstream purification processes, from start-up to routine production.
Our markets include universities and institutes researching protein structure and function, as well as large pharmaceutical companies, contract manufacturers and start-up enterprises developing new biopharmaceuticals.
Products and Services
- ÄKTAcrossflow: an automated filtration system for use with cassettes or hollow fibers
- Hollow-fiber cartridges and Kvick cassettes available in many different designs and format for both cross flow ultrafiltration and microfiltration
ÄKTAdesign chromatography systems platform with UNICORN control software
- ÄKTApilot with robust and hygienic design meeting all GLP and cGMP requirements for Phase 1–3 drug development and final small scale production
- ÄKTAprocess with a versatile user configuration for process scale-up and large scale biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- MabSelect for antibody purification
- Capto ion exchangers for high productivity capture and intermediate purification
- Ficoll-Paque PREMIUM density gradient medium for preparation of human mononuclear cells
- AXP Autoexpress Platform, for sterile separation of mononuclear cells from cord blood
- Fast Trak consulting training courses and validation documentation packages.
Our protein separations manufacturing and testing facilities are in Uppsala and Umeå, Sweden, and Wesborough, USA. We also have facilities for training personnel in all aspects of downstream processing in Munich, Germany, and Piscataway, USA.
GE HEALTHCARE BIO-SCIENCES
751 84 Uppsala