Lancaster Laboratories provides analytical services in chemistry and microbiology for a broad spectrum of clients in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, medical device, and animal health industries. For 45 years, we have delivered laboratory services with strict regulatory compliance and close attention to our clients' project needs. Each project has an assigned project team, including scientists and a client service representative. With a large laboratory capacity, extensive technical expertise, and a multiple-shift staff, we can handle projects of any size.
Biopharmaceutical Techniques Supported
Cell and molecular biology
- Cell based assays
- Elisa assays
- Nucleic acid analysis
- Cell line manufacturing
- Cell line testing
- Viral safety
- Viral clearance
- Amino acid analysis
- Peptide mapping
- Western blotting
- Isoelectric focusing
Support for facility and process validation
Lancaster Laboratories serves a broad spectrum of clients in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, medical device, and animal-health industries. Our active clients include a multitude of small to midsized pharmaceutical companies and 19 of the 20 largest pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Prodcuts and Services
- Drug substance and drug product stability testing
- Commercial product release testing
- Stability storage and product retain programs
- Excipient testing (USP/NF, EP, JP)
- Container testing on plastic and glass
- Extractables/leachables testing
- Microbiology: sterility, endotoxin, preservative effectiveness, and organism identification
- Biopharmaceutical: cell and molecular biology, virology, biochromatography, electrophoresis, mass spectrometry, protein quantitation, support for facility and process validation
- Analytical method development and validation
- Comparator product testing: methods development and validation, stability and release testing, and clinical reassay testing
- Consulting services
- Professional Scientific Staffing
The company is housed in a modern 175,000-ft2 facility equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. Chemistry services include a full array of spectrophotometric capabilities and chromatographic capabilities. A 9000-ft2 controlled microbiology laboratory contains a sterility test suite that includes two half-suit workstation isolators, four transfer isolators, an autoclave isolator integrated with a GMP sterilizer, and three VHP 1000 units. A separate limited-access building contains 23,000-ft3 of stability chamber space accommodating 26 conditions, including photostability.
LANCASTER LABORATORIES INC.
2425 New Holland Pike, PO Box 12425, Lancaster, PA 17605-2425