AN ORGANIZATION THAT POSSESSES STATE-OF-THE-ART TRAINING RESOURCES AND DEDICATED SERVICES
Solid training organizations offer extensive tools of the trade that effectively address a company's complex and varied training
needs. From virtual training and self-study modules to custom curriculum and consultative services, a qualified training
partner has right-fitted offerings for pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical-device companies. What's more, training organizations
bring with them tried an tested educational materials, broad industry knowledge, the latest training technologies, and dedicated
staff and services.
Consider whether the proposed training organization has:
- Resources to provide the same training material in a variety of media and delivery methods, such as online or classroom-based.
- Expertise and willingness to customize training materials to suit an organization's specific needs.
- In-depth understanding of adult learning principles and how to address them in the training delivery.
- Instructors who are also skilled facilitators—able to manage small to large groups as well as conflict situations.
A PARTNER FOCUSED ON LONG-TERM, CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
Having an agile organization that responds quickly to the ever-changing healthcare market to produce innovative products to
meet customer needs is the result of high organizational effectiveness. A highly effective and efficient organization achieves
the outcomes it intends to produce, specifically focusing on structure and human dynamics as two factors strongly affecting
outcome. A long-term, productive relationship with the right training partner—one that focuses on regular assessment and
continuous improvement—can assure that a company will achieve and maintain high organizational effectiveness.
Some of the ways an effective training organization will ensure continuous improvement include:
- Being up-to-date on industry practices, standards, and regulations.
- Using actual client projects in class exercises to effectively illustrate concepts and allow students to hit the ground running
- Providing follow-up support to students to ensure that the tools, techniques, and principles of the training are being implemented
- Holding briefings with management to share evaluations, provide post-workshop analysis, and discuss next steps.
- Scheduling regular capability assessments to ensure that organizational skill and knowledge levels continue to increase.
Outsourced training can yield major results for biopharmaceutical companies and help them remain competitive in an increasingly
challenging marketplace. The right training partner can help an organization get unstuck, move to the next level, and enhance
their entire value chain. The challenge is finding a training partner with the experience and qualifications to address your
specific needs. If you take the proper approach, and look for and assess key attributes, you are much more likely to find
and forge a successful, long-term relationship with the right training partner.
Erkki Goodwin, CAPM, Customer Relationship Manager, Action for Results (AfR), Inc.