37. Jenne M, Reuss M. Fluid dynamic modeling and simulation of gas-liquid flow in baffled stirred-tank reactors. Ninth European
conference on mixing; 1997; Paris. p. 201–08.
38. Jaworski Z, Bujalski W, Otomo N, Nienow AW. CFD study of homogenization with dual Rushton turbines-comparison with experimental
results. Part I: Initial studies. Chem Eng Res Des. 2000;78(3):327–33.
39. Montante G, Mostek M, Johoda M, Magelli F. CFD simulations and experimental validation of homogenisation curves and mixing
time in stirred Newtonian and pseudoplastic liquids. Chem Eng Sci. 2005;60:2427–37.
40. Derksen JJ. Numerical simulation of solids suspension in a stirred-tank. AIChE J. 2003;49(11):2700–14.
41. Kraume M. Mixing times in stirred suspensions. Chem Eng Tech. 1992;15(5):313–8.
42. Derksen JJ. Long-time solids suspension simulations by means of a large-eddy approach. Chem Eng Res Des. 2006;84(1):38–46.
43. Barrue H, Bertrand J, Cristol B, Xuereb C. Eulerian simulation of dense solid-liquid suspension in multi-stage stirred
vessel. J Chem Eng Jpn. 1999;34:585–94.
44. Micale G, Montante G, Grisafi F, Brucato A, Godfrey J. CFD simulation of particle distribution in stirred reactors. Trans
Inst Chem Eng Part A. 2000;78:435–444.
45. Murthy BN, Joshi JB. Assessment of standard k-(epsilon), RSM and LES turbulence models in a baffled stirred vessel agitated
by various impeller designs. Chem Eng Sci. 2008;63(22):5468–95.
46. Khopkar AR, Tanguy PA. CFD simulation of gas-liquid flows in stirred vessel equipped with dual Rushton turbines: influence
of parallel, merging and diverging flow configurations. Chem Eng Sci. 2008;63(14):3810–20.
47. Jahoda M, Mostek M, Kukukova A, Machon V. CFD modelling of liquid homogenization in stirred-tanks with one and two impellers
using large eddy simulation. Chem Eng Res Des. 2007;85(5A):616–25.
48. Kumar S, Ramkrishna D. On the solution of population balance equations by discretization—III. Nucleation, growth and
aggregation of particles. Chem Eng Sci. 1997;52(24):4659–79.
49. L. Marchisio D, Dennis Vigil R, O. Fox R. Implementation of the quadrature method of moments in CFD codes for aggregation-breakage
problems. Chem Eng Sci. 2003;58(15):3337–51.
50. Cheung SCP, Yeoh GH, Tu JY. On the modeling of population balance in isothermal vertical bubbly flows—Average bubble
number density approach. Chem Eng Proc: Proc Intens. 2007;46(8):742–56.
51. Bakker A, Van den Akker HEA. Computational model for the gas-liquid flow in stirred reactors. Chem Eng Res Des. 1994;72(A4):594–606.
52. Tatterson GB. Fluid mixing and gas dispersion in agitated tanks. New York: Mcgraw-Hill; 1991.
53. Montante G, Micale G, Magelli F, Brucato A. Experiments and CFD predictions of solid particle distribution in a vessel
agitated with four pitched blade turbines. Chem Eng Res Des. 2001;79:1005–10.
54. Nienow AW, Hunt G, Buckland BC. A fluid dynamic study of the retrofitting of large agitated bioreactors: Turbulent flow.
Biotech Bioeng. 1994;44(10):1177–85.
55. Bylund F, Collet E, Enfors SO, Larsson G. Substrate gradient formation in the large-scale bioreactor lowers cell yield
and increases by-product formation. Bioproc Biosys Eng. 1998;18(3):171–80.