18. Paglianti A, Montante G, Magelli F. Novel experiments and a mechanistic model for macroinstabilities in stirred-tanks.
AIChE J. 2006;52(2):426–37.
19. Bakker A, Oshinowo LM, Marshall EM, Akker HEAvd, Derksen JJ. The use of large eddy simulation to study stirred vessel
hydrodynamics. 10th European Conference on Mixing; 2000 July 2–5; Amsterdam: Elsevier Science; 2000;247–254.
20. Bruha O, Bruha T, Fort I, Johada M. Dynamics of the flow pattern in a baffled mixing vessel with an axial impeller. Acta
21. Fan J, Rao Q, Wang Y, Fei W. Spatio-temporal analysis of macro-instability in a stirred vessel via digital particle image
velocimetry (DPIV). Chem Eng Sci. 2004;59(8–9):1863–73.
22. Fan J, Wang Y, Fei W. Large eddy simulations of flow instabilities in a stirred-tank generated by a Rushton turbine.
Chin J Chem Eng. 2007;15(2):200–8.
23. Hartmann H, Derksen JJ, van den Akker HEA. An LES investigation of the flow macro-instability in a Rushton turbine stirred-tank.
The 11th European Conference on Mixing; 2003 Oct 14–17; Bamberg, Germany: VDI-GVC, Dusselfdolf; 2003;14–17.
24. Nere NK, Patwardhan AW, Joshi JB. Liquid-phase mixing in stirred vessels: turbulent flow regime. Ind Eng Chem Res. 2003;42:2661–98.
25. Enfors S-O, et al. Physiological responses to mixing in large scale bioreactors. J Biotech. 2001;85:175–85.
26. Davidson KM, Sushil S, Eggleton CD, Marten MR. Using computational fluid dynamics software to estimate circulation time
distributions in bioreactors. Biotechnol Prog. 2003;19(5):1480–86.
27. Jaworski Z, Dudczak J. CFD modelling of turbulent macromixing in stirred-tanks. Effect of the probe size and number on
mixing indices. Comp Chem Eng. 1998;22(Supp1):5293–98.
28. Bujalski W, Jaworski Z, Nienow AW. CFD study of homogenization with dual Rushton turbines—Comparison with experimental
results: Part II: The multiple reference frame. Chem Eng Res Des. 2002;80(1):97–104.
29. Bujalski JM, Jaworski Z, Bujalski W, Nienow AW. The influence of the addition position of a tracer on CFD simulated mixing
times in a vessel agitated by a Rushton turbine. Chem Eng Res Des. 2002;80(8):824–31.
30. Jahoda M, Mostek M, Kukukova A, Machon V. CFD modeling of liquid homogenization in stirred-tanks with one and two impellers
using large eddy simulation. Chem Eng Res Des. 2007;85(5A):616–25.
31. Khopkar AR, Kasat GR, Pandit AB, Ranade VV. CFD simulation of mixing in tall gas-liquid stirred vessel: Role of local
flow patterns. Chem Eng Sci. 2006;61(9):2921–29.
32. Yeoh SL, Papadakis G, Yianneskis M. Determination of mixing time and degree of homogeneity in stirred vessels with large
eddy simulation. Chem Eng Sci. 2005;60(8–9):2293–302.
33. Reuss M. Stirred-tank bioreactors. In: Asenjo J, Merchuk JC, editors. Bioreactor system design. New York, NY: Marcel
Dekker; 1995. p. 177–205.
34. Patwardhan AW, Joshi JB. Relation between flow pattern and blending in stirred-tanks. Ind Eng Chem Res. 1999;38:3131–43.
35. Ranade VV, Bourne JR, Joshi JB. Fluid mechanics and blending in agitated tanks. Chem Eng Sci. 1991;46(8):1883–93.
36. Min J, Gao Z. Large eddy simulations of mixing time in a stirred-tank. Chin J Chem Eng. 2006;14(1):1–7.