1. Hojman F, et al. Biological and molecular characterization of an endogenous retrovirus present in CHO/HBs—A Chinese hamster
cell line. Dev Biol Stand. 1989;70:195–202.
2. Dinowitz M, et al. Recent studies on retrovirus-like particles in Chinese hamster ovary cells. Dev Biol Stand. 1992;76:210–207.
3. Garnick RL. Experience with viral contamination in cell culture. Dev Biol Stand. 1996;88:49–6.
4. Nims RW. Detection of adventitious viruses in biologicals—A rare occurrence. Dev Biol. 2006;123:153–164.
5. US FDA. Points to consider in the characterization of cell lines used to produce biologicals. FDA/CBER, 1993.
6. US FDA. Points to consider in the manufacture and testing of monoclonal antibody products for human use. FDA/CBER, 1997.
7. Gonzalez-Scarano F, Nathanson N. Bunyaviridae. In: Fields BN, Knipe DM, Howley PM, editors. Fields Virology, 3rd edition,
Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott-Raven; 1996. p.1473–1504.
8. Blackmore CG, Grimstad PR. Cache Valley and Potosi viruses (Bunyaviridae) in white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus):
experimental infections and antibody prevalence in natural populations. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1998;59:704–709.
9. Sahu SP, et al. Serologic survey of cattle in the northeastern and north central United States, Virginia, Alaska, and
Hawaii for antibodies to Cache Valley and antigenically related viruses. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2002;67:119–122.
10. McLean RG, Calisher CH, Parham GL. Isolation of Cache Valley virus and detection of antibody for selected arboviruses
in Michigan horses in 1980. Am J Vet Res 1987;48:1039–1041.
11. Buescher EL, et al. Cache Valley virus in the Del Mar Va Peninsula. I. Virologic and serologic evidence of infection.
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1970;19:493–502.
12. Sexton DJ, et al. Life-threatening Cache Valley virus infection. N Engl J Med. 1997;336:547–550.
13. Campbell GL, et al. Second human case of Cache Valley virus disease. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:854–856.
14. Nims R, et al. Adventitious agents: Concerns and testing for biopharmaceuticals. In: Rathore AS, Sofer G, editors. Process
validation in manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals: guidelines, current practices, and industrial case studies. Boca Raton,
FL: CRC Press/Francis Informa; 2005. p. 143–67.
15. Powell JW. Personal communication.
16. Onions D, unpublished data.