1. Mitchiner JC, Schultz DS. The cost of nonurgent care for Medicaid patients in the emergency department and two community
health clinics. Abstr Book Assoc Health Serv Res Meet. 1999;16:203.
2. Wilson, KB. Health Care Costs 101. 2008 edition. Oakland, CA: California HealthCare Foundation. 2008.
3. The Central Intelligence Agency. The 2008 World Factbook. Washington, DC. CIA. 2008 Sept.
4. DeNavas-Walt C, Proctor BD, Smith JC. US Census Bureau. Current Population Reports, P60-235, Income, Poverty, and Health
Insurance. Coverage in the United States: 2007.
Washington, DC: US Govt Printing Office. 2008.
5. Institute of Medicine. Insuring America's Health. Washington, DC: National Academy of Sciences. 2004.
6. Baker CD, Caplan A, Davis K, Dentzer S, Epstein AM, Frist B, et al. Health of the nation—coverage for all Americans. N
Engl J Med. 2008 Aug 21;359(8):777–80.
7. IOM. Hidden Costs, Value Lost. Uninsurance in America. Washington, DC: National Academy of Sciences. 2002.
8. Woolhandler S, Campbell T, Himmelstein, DU. Costs of health care administration in the United States and Canada. N Engl
J Med 2003;349:768-75.