19. Knight, R, Ostreicher, E. Charge-modified filter media. In: Meltzer, TH, Jornitz, MW, editors. Filtration in the Biopharmaceutical
Industry. New York: Marcel Dekker; 1998. p. 95–125.
20. Gerba C, Hou K. Endotoxin removal by charge-modified filters. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1985; 50:1375–1377.
21. Hou K, Gerba C, Goyal S, Zerda K. Capture of latex beads, bacteria, endotoxin and viruses by charge-modified filters.
Appl Environ Microbiol. 1980;40:892 –896.
22. Dorsey N, Eschrich J, Cyr G. The role of charge in the retention of DNA by charged cellulose based depth filters. Biopharm.
23. Tipton B, Boose JA, Larsen W, Beck J, O'Brien T. Retrovirus and parvovirus clearance from an affinity column product
using adsorptive depth filtration. Biopharm. 2002(9):43–50.
24. Yigzaw Y, Tranh M, Piper R, Shukla A. Exploitation of the adsorptive properties of depth filters for host cell protein
removal during monoclonal antibody purification. Biotechnol Prog. 2006;22:288–296.
25. Yavorsky D, Blanck R, Lambalot C, Brunkow R. The clarification of bioreactor cell cultures for biopharmaceuticals. Pharm
26. Riske F, Schroeder J, Belliveau J, Kang X, Kutzko J, Menon M. The use of chitosan as a flocculant in mammalian cell culture
dramatically improves clarification throughput without adversely affecting monoclonal antibody recovery. J Biotechnol. 2007;128:813–823.
27. Coffman J. Flocculation of antibody-producing mammalian cells with precipitating solutions of soluble cations and anions.
International Conference on Recovery of Biological Products XII. Abstact # M3; 2006 Apr 2 –7; Litchfield, Arizona.
28. Thommes J, Bader A, Halfar M, Karau A, Kula M. Isolation of mAbs from cell containing hybridoma broth using protein A
coated adsorbent in expanded beds. J Chromatogr. 1996;153:111–122.
29. Hjorth R. Expanded-bed adsorption in industrial bioprocessing: recent developments. Tibtech. 1997;15:230–235.
30. Anspach F, Curbelo D, Hartmann R, Garke G, Deckwer WD. Expanded-bed chromatography in primary protein purification. J
Chromatogr A. 1999;865:129–144.
31. Sonnenfeld A, Thommes J. Expanded bed adsorption for capture from crude solution. In: Shukla AA, Etzel MR, Gadam S, editors.
Process scale bioseparations for the biopharmaceutical industry. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press; 2007. p. 59–81.
32. Wang A, Lewos R, Rathore A. Comparisons of different options for harvest of a therapeutic protein product from high cell
density yeast fermentation broth. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2006;94:91–104.