1. Graumann K, Premstaller A. Manufacturing of recombinant therapeutic proteins in microbial systems. Biotechnol J. 2006;1(2):164–186.
2. Gasser B, Mattanovich D. Antibody production with yeasts and filamentous fungi: on the road to large scale? Biotechnol
3. Safdar A, Cox MM. Baculovirus-expressed influenza vaccine. A novel technology for safe and expeditious vaccine production
for human use. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2007;16(7):927–934.
4. Boehm R. Bioproduction of therapeutic proteins in the 21st century and the role of plants and plant cells as production
platforms. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1102:121–134.
5. Bout A, Hateboer G, Verhulst KC, Uytdehaag AG, Schouten GJ, inventors; Holland C, assignee. Recombinant protein production
in a human cell. US patent 10,234,007. 2006 Nov.
6. Salamone D, Baranao L, Santos C, Bussmann L, Artuso J, Werning C, et al. High level expression of bioactive recombinant
human growth hormone in the milk of a cloned transgenic cow. J Biotechnol. 2006;124(2):469–472.
7. Hamilton SR, Davidson RC, Sethuraman N, Nett JH, Jiang Y, Rios S, et al. Humanization of yeast to produce complex terminally
sialylated glycoproteins. Science. 2006;313(5792):1441–1443.
8. Stomp AM. The duckweeds: a valuable plant for biomanufacturing. Biotechnol Ann Rev. 2005;11:69–99.
9. Calhoun KA, Swartz JR. Energizing cell-free protein synthesis with glucose metabolism. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2005;90(5):606–613.
10. Le Hir H, Nott A, Moore MJ. How introns influence and enhance eukaryotic gene expression. Trends Biochem Sci. 2003;28(4):215–220.
11. Barrett JW, Sun Y, Nazarian SH, Belsito TA, Brunetti CR, McFadden G. Optimization of codon usage of poxvirus genes allows
for improved transient expression in mammalian cells. Virus Genes. 2006 Aug;33(1):15–26.
12. Pikaart MJ, Recillas-Targa F, Felsenfeld G. Loss of transcriptional activity of a transgene is accompanied by DNA methylation
and histone deacetylation and is prevented by insulators. Genes Dev. 1998 Sep 15;12(18):2852–62.
13. Li Q, Harju S, Peterson KR. Locus control regions: Locus control regions: coming of age at a decade plus. Trends Gene.
1999 Oct; 15(10):403–8.
14. Chattopadhyay S, Pavithra L. MARs and MARBPs: key modulators of gene regulation and disease manifestation. Subcell Biochem.
15. Benton T, Chen T, McEntee M, Fox B, King D, Crombie R, et al. The use of UCOE vectors in combination with a preadapted
serum free, suspension cell line allows for rapid production of large quantities of protein. Cytotechnol. 2002 Jan;38(1–3):43–46.
16. Kwaks THJ, Barnett P, Hemrika W, Siersma T, Sewalt RGAB, Satijn DPE, et al., Identification of anti-repressor elements
that confer high and stable protein production in mammalian cells. Nat Biotechnol. 2003;21(7):553–558.
17. Cuisset L, Tichonicky L, Delpech M. A protein phosphatase is involved in the inhibition of histone deacetylation by sodium
butyrate. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998 May 29;246(3):760–4.
18. Gorman C, Bullock C. Site-specific gene targeting for gene expression in eukaryotes. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2000 Oct;11(5):455–60.
19. Davies A, Greene A, Lullau E, Abbott WM. Optimisation and evaluation of a high-throughput mammalian protein expression
system. Protein Expr Purif. 2005 Jul;42(1):111–21.