6. Sidorov VA, Kasten D, Pang SZ, Hajdukiewicz PT, Staub JM, Nehra NS. Technical advance: stable chloroplast transformation
in potato: use of green fluorescent protein as a plastid marker. Plant J. 1999; 19:209-216.
7. Boynton JE, Gilham NW, Harris EH, Hosler JP, Johnson AM, Jones AR, et al. Chloroplast transformation in Chlamydomonas
with high velocity microprojectiles. Science 1988; 240:1534-1538.
8. Daniell H, Vivekananda J, Nielsen BL, Ye GN, Tewari, KK, Sanford JC. Transient foreign gene expression in chloroplast
of cultured tobacco cells after biolistic delivery of chloroplast vector, Proc. Nat'l Acad Sci. 1990; 87:88-92.
9. Daniell H. Medical Molecular Pharming: Therapeutic recombinant antibodies, biopharmaceuticals, and edible vaccines in
transgenic plants engineered via the chloroplast genome. In R. M. Goodman (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Plant and Crop Science. New
York: Marcel Decker; 2004.p. 704-710. .
10. Daniell H, Khan MS, Allision L. Milestones in chloroplast genetic engineering: an environmentally friendly era in biotechnology.
Trends Plant Sci. 2002; 7: 84-91.
11. Daniell H. Foreign gene expression in chloroplasts of higher plants mediated by tungsten particle bombardment. Methods Enzymol. 1993; 217:536-56.
12. Daniell H. Molecular strategies for gene containment in transgenic crops, Nat Biotechnol. 2002; 20:581-586.
13. Kumar S, Dhingra A, Daniell H. Plastid expressed betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase gene in carrot-cultured cells, roots
and leaves confers enhanced salt tolerance. Plant Physiol. 2004 September issue.
14. Ruiz ON, Hussein, HS, Terry N, Daniell H. Phytoremediation of organomercurial compounds via chloroplast genetic engineering.
Plant Physiol. 2003; 132:1344-1352.
15. Davis D and Nelson M, eds. Tobacco - production, chemistry and technology, Malden (MA). Blackwell Science; 1999.
16. Glacken M. Plant transgenics vs. CHO bioreactor culture: an objective comparison for monoclonal antibody production,
8th International Conference on Antibody Production and Downstream Processing; 2002; San Diego, CA.
17. Mulesky M. Chlorogen Inc. internal data. 2003 Sept.
18. FDA, Guidance for Industry: Drugs, biologics, and medical devices derived from bioengineered plants for use in humans
and animals. Federal Register 2002; 67: 57828, Docket No. 02D-0324.
19. Palme, H, and Winberg G., Arch Pharm, 1916; 254:537.
20. Goldschmidt-Clermont M. Transgenic expression of aminoglycoside adenine transferase in the chloroplast: a selectable
marker of site-directed transformation of chlamydomonas. Nuc Acid Res 1991; 19:4083-4089.