Company Description and Markets Served
Established in 2003, Swagelok Biopharm Services Company (SBSC) is a strategic business unit of Swagelok Company and is dedicated
to developing and manufacturing an extensive line of fluid system component technologies for the biopharmaceutical, food,
beverage, dairy, and cosmetic industries worldwide. The business unit employs more than 150 associates at four manufacturing
and marketing facilities located in North Tonawanda, New York, and Solon, Ohio.
Built from the January 2001 acquisition of the former Jensen Fittings Corporation by Swagelok Company, Swagelok Biopharm Services
Company designs and manufactures a full line of fluid system and tubular products that are sold and serviced through the global
network of independent Swagelok sales and service centers.
Swagelok fluid system components are easy to install and are designed to keep pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical process
systems cleaner, helping to qualify and validate systems.
Swagelok Biopharm Services Company product offerings include:
- A complete orbital welding system that reduces installation costs, simplifies programming and use, and enables faster, more
accurate documentation to help streamline validations.
- Sanitary valves and fittings, including:
- GSI weir-style available with Kwik-Clamp and TS series sanitary clamp and tube butt weld end connections.
- DR series radial diaphragm valves available with a polyethersulfone (PES) actuator, which offers excellent resistance to caustic
wash-down. In addition, the live-loaded body seal controls cold flow of the PTFE diaphragm and maintains the body seal during
- Jensen Series pumps that handle a broad range of food, dairy, beverage, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical products. Choose
from centrifugal or positive-displacement models, both 3A sanitary compliant. Wetted parts are electropolished 316 stainless
steel and all models offer easy cleaning in place (CIP) without disassembly.
- Ball, pinch, and plug valves.
- BPE fittings with Kwik-Clamp, TS series sanitary ferrules and automatic tube weld end connections.
- Sanitary fittings with tube butt weld, threaded and other specialty end connections.
Unique service capabilities include high-quality special fabrications — from basic to complicated configurations — of biopharmaceutical
products. Through its independent Swagelok sales and service centers, Swagelok works with end-users to manufacture fabrications
for unique requirements. Many configurations also are available from stock to meet immediate needs.
In addition, Swagelok biopharm fittings are inspected in accordance with ASME-BPE standards by an independent third-party
inspection company before shipment. This value-added, third-party inspection service can help end-users reduce time and costs
related to on-site conformance inspection.
All inspected fittings are permanently marked with lot numbers and individually bagged for shipment with material certification
and third-party inspection documentation.
SWAGELOK BIOPHARM SERVICES COMPANY
107-111 Goundry St. N. Tonawanda, NY 14120-5998