Bio-Rad Laboratories provides a broad range of tools and services to the life science research and clinical diagnostics markets.
The company is known among hospitals, universities, major research institutions, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical firms for
its commitment to quality and customer service. It has built strong customer relationships that advance research and development
efforts and support the commercialization of new technology, especially in the high-growth fields of genomics, proteomics,
biopharmaceutical discovery, food safety, and biotechnology education. Bio-Rad delivers scientific solutions to more than
70,000 customers in more than 70 countries.
The Bio-Rad Laboratories Life Sciences Group is ISO 9001:2000 registered and focuses on meeting the worldwide needs of pharmaceutical
and biotechnology companies, university and medical school laboratories, and government and industrial research facilities.
Products and Services
Whether you are striving for purity, yield, reproducibility, capacity, or productivity, Bio-Rad has the chromatography products
- UNOsphere S & Q media. Based on a single-step polymerization process, UNOsphere media delivers high binding capacities at
high flow rates and low backpressures.
- CHT ceramic hydroxyapatite. A chemically pure form of hydroxyapatite sintered at high temperatures to yield a mechanically
robust support. CHT retains the unique separation properties of crystalline hydroxyapatite, but can be used reproducibly for
many cycles at high flow rates and in process-scale columns.
- CFT ceramic fluoroapatite. CFT has similar properties to CHT and allows for purifications at values as low as pH 5.0.
- Macro-Prep Supports. Polymeric methacrylate supports available with strong and weak ion exchange and hydrophobic interaction
functionalities. These rigid macroporous hydrophilic supports provide excellent capacity, resolution, and throughput.
- Profinity IMAC resins. Offering optimal capture and purification of recombinant His-tagged proteins, Profinity IMAC resins
are compatible with denaturants, detergents, and reducing agents; stable across entire pH range.
- Chelex resins. Chelating resins that bind polyvalent cations with high selectivity, remove metal ions from samples and buffers.
- AG resins. Extensively processed to remove both organic and inorganic impurities, AG resins are used for the separation of
low molecular weight molecules such as inorganic ions, organic acids, and carbohydrates.
- EasyPack and GelTec process chromatography columns. Both column styles have variable height adapters, sanitary design and
inflatable seals, and are customizable up to 3 m in diameter. The EasyPack columns are open columns with a fixed bottom endpiece.
The GelTec columns are designed for contained packing, unpacking, and cleaning-in-place.
- Process chromatography systems and accessories.
Technical Services: The Bio-Rad Laboratories Life Sciences Group's technical support offerings include technical telephone
and on-line support, regulatory support files, and process-scale applications development services.
Bio-Rad Laboratories Life Science Group occupies approximately 125,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing facilities in Richmond, California,
and 30,000 sq. ft. of R&D and office space at the Bio-Rad Laboratories Corporate Campus in Hercules, California.
2000 Alfred Nobel Drive
Hercules, CA 94547